President Trump Files for Trademark on 2020 Campaign Slogan
Category: Trademark News
The legal team for President Trump has applied for trademark protection for the phrase that is set to be the 2020 reelection slogan. The phrase was first made public during an interview with The Washington Post.
Halfway through his interview with The Washington Post, Trump shared a bit of news: He already has decided on his slogan for a reelection bid in 2020.
“Are you ready?” he said. “ ‘Keep America Great,’ exclamation point.”
“Get me my lawyer!” the president-elect shouted.
Two minutes later, one arrived.
“Will you trademark and register, if you would, if you like it — I think I like it, right? Do this: ‘Keep America Great,’ with an exclamation point. With and without an exclamation. ‘Keep America Great,’ ” Trump said.
“Got it,” the lawyer replied.
That bit of business out of the way, Trump returned to the interview.
“I never thought I’d be giving [you] my expression for four years [from now],” he said. “But I am so confident that we are going to be, it is going to be so amazing. It’s the only reason I give it to you. If I was, like, ambiguous about it, if I wasn’t sure about what is going to happen — the country is going to be great.” – Source
- Bumper stickers; decorative decals for vehicle windows; stickers; advertising signs of papers; advertising signs of cardboard; placards and banners of paper or cardboard; printed publications, namely, pamphlets providing information regarding Donald J. Trump as a political candidate; posters; pens
- Clothing, namely, sweatshirts, T-shirts, tank tops, long sleeve shirts; headwear, namely, caps and hats; baby clothing, namely, one piece garments; children’s clothing, namely, t-shirts
- Campaign buttons
- Political campaign services, namely, promoting public awareness of Donald J. Trump as a candidate for public office; providing online information regarding political issues; retail and online retail store services in connection with campaign related goods; providing a website that features Donald J. Trump views on political issues
- Political campaign services, namely, fundraising in the field of politics
- On-line journals, namely, blogs featuring information about Donald J. Trump, namely, as it relates to politics and political campaigning; providing a website featuring non-downloadable videos and photographs in the field of politics and political campaigning
- Online social networking services in the field of politics and political campaigning provided via a website
The filing can be viewed here.
More Coverage of this Story