Olivia Rodrigo is a young American actress, singer, songwriter, and social media influencer known for several performances, including High School Musical, Bizaardvark, New Girl, and more.
Olivia was born in California and began taking acting and singing classes at a young age. Her sense of empathy and feeling is what makes her so popular. She also began learning the piano at just six years old and the guitar at 12 years old. Her enthusiasm formed a large part of her childhood. According to Olivia, she would keep a notebook full of songs on her bedside table and come up with lyrics/melodies.
Her big break came in 2021 when she released ‘Driver’s License’. After its release, it charted at the top spot on Apple Music, Spotify, and Amazon Music worldwide. It debuted in the top 100 and was the first record in 2021 to be streamed more than 1 billion times.
After the success of her first song, her second single was released in 2021. ‘Deja Vu’ was the second single from her debut studio album, ‘Sour’. ‘Driver’s License’ is included along with ‘Deja Vu’, with the total track count around 11. The song ‘Deja Vu’ sounds like a continuation of the storyline of the first song (Driver’s License).
Her song ‘Good 4 U’ was released in 2021 and topped the charts in 23 countries, it was also nominated for a Grammy Award. Rodrigo has been encouraged by her role model and inspiration Taylor Swift, in addition to Disney. Rodrigo won a Grammy Award in the Best New Artist category.
Despite her relative newness to the industry, she already has an impressive fan following.
Her on-screen debut came from an Old Navy commercial, but she didn’t begin to gain any attention until she featured in a family drama. She played the role of young Thomas Grace in Grace Stirs Up Success. She’d later star as Paige in the Disney show Bizaardvark. Olivia would also star as Nini in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.
She was nominated for a Legacy Award for the ‘Best Children’s Comedy Artist’ for her performance in Bizaarvark.
In addition to her acting and songwriting career, Rodrigo is an institute speaker and panelist for the Geena Davis Institute related to Gender in Media. Olivia’s debut album ‘Sour’ was released in May of 2021. She’s known as a unique, soulful artist and is considered a rising star.
Famous Olivia Rodrigo trademarks
Olivia Rodrigo has an impressive following on social media and elsewhere as an up-and-coming star. With several hit songs and a budding career as a pop star, it’s no surprise that she has amassed some intellectual property along the way. Let’s look at some of the most significant Olivia Rodrigo trademarks registered by Safety Pin Holdings, LLC.
Like many celebrities, Olivia has trademarked her name. The wordmark was registered for use in several categories, including:
- Skincare products, including but not limited to; eye creams, facial cleansers, skin toners, facial exfoliant creams, facial exfoliant scrubs, facial creams, facial moisturizers, and facial lotions
- Non-medicated facial treatments such as non-medicated facial emulsions, non-medicated facial masks, beauty milk, skin moisturizers and skin moisturizer masks, skin conditioners, hand creams, and body and hand lotions
- Body exfoliant creams, body masks, body mask creams and lotions, shaving preparations, after-shave lotions, shaving balm, shaving cream, shaving gel, and abrasive skin preparations
- Non-medicated skin creams and skin lotions for relieving razor burns, non-medicated lip care preparations, lip cream, sunscreen preparations, non-medicated topical skin creams, gels, anti-aging toners, lotions, hair sprays, body sprays, and powders, all for cosmetic use
- Makeup removers, massage oils, essential oils for personal use, body fragrances for personal use, fragrances for personal use
- Body gels, including sun tan gels, bath gels, beauty gels, and shower gels; body oils, body powders, perfume, perfume oils, cologne, eau de toilette
- Hair care products, namely, shampoos, conditioners, mousse, gels; incense; room fragrances; fragrance emitting wicks for room fragrances; scented linen sprays
- Downloadable audio and musical sound recordings
- Digital media, including video files and music videos
- Data sharing and electronic software, including downloadable apps
- Downloadable electronic books related to entertainment
- Protective covers, including handheld computer covers and mobile phone cases
- Earphone accessories
- Audio speakers, amplifiers, etc.
- Sunglasses and sunglass accessories
- Clothing including athletic tops, tank tops, dresses, jackets, scarves, headwear, footwear, and more
- Entertainment services including live music concerts, stage performances, and more
- Public appearances by a celebrity/musical artist
- Providing information related to the entertainment industry
- Fan blogs and newsletters
- Household linens and home accessories
- Temporary use of computer games
- Online sweepstakes and contests
Related: Trademarking your own name
Owing to the recent Astrology trends, Olivia Rodrigo released ‘Spicy Pisces’ merchandise, including a Spicy Pisces T-shirt. Some of the proceeds go to charity. The trademark application for Spicy Pisces was submitted in 2021, with its first use taking place in the same year. It’s registered for use in:
- Clothing for men, women, and children, including tops, pullovers, jeans, sweatpants, and more
The Sour tour is an ongoing tour by Olivia, primarily to support her newly released album, Sour. The Sour tour will conclude in July of 2022. The trademark application was submitted in 2021 for the following categories:
- Musical sound recordings, including music files and multi-media content
- Downloadable media content, including music videos and artwork
- Electronic downloads, grips, and accessories for mobile phones, handheld computers, tablets, and music players
- Gift cards
- Online sweepstakes and contests
- Disc storage cases and accessories
- Magazines, newsletters, and pamphlets
- Sunglasses and related accessories
- Blank journals and writing pages
- Decals, stickers, photographs, posters, calendars, and art supplies
- Temporary tattoos
- Household linens such as pillowcases, duvet covers, and bed blankets
- Clothing including athletic tops, hoodies, bottoms, caps, and headwear
- Plush toys and children’s toys
- Christmas tree accessories and decoration
- Retail store services featuring a wide range of consumer goods and services
- Advertising and endorsement services
- Entertainment services related to live musical performances, interviews with a musical artist, and fan club services
The ‘OR’ logo is seen prominently on much of Olivia Rodrigo’s merchandise. The mark drawing consists of a butterfly with a heart and ‘OR’ in stylized writing. The trademark registration took place in 2021:
- Clothing for men, women, and children, including tops, shawls, pullovers, shoes, jeans, sweatpants, and more
- Downloadable content and mobile phone accessories
- Skincare products of all kinds
- Carrying bags, including backpacks, tote bags, and purses
- Entertainment services including live musical performances, music videos, interviews with a music artist, and fan club services
- Umbrellas and beach umbrellas
- Retail store services, including online services, are related to the entertainment and music industry
- Mobile accessories, earphone accessories, and audio speakers
- Hands-free Bluetooth devices
- Advertising, marketing, and publicity services
- Sunglasses and eyewear accessories
- Newsletters, magazines, and information sharing
Trademark filing is a common way to protect your intellectual property. Your unique branding can be worth millions or billions of dollars. Rodrigo’s net worth has skyrocketed to an estimated 5 million USD and continues to climb as she enjoys her new life as a red carpet celebrity. Via her company, she has ten trademarks registered with the USPTO, but her trademark filings are pretty recent. She’ll likely acquire much more in the future.