Can You Trademark a Business Concept?
Though you cannot trademark a business concept, you may be able to trademark the name, logo, or slogan used to brand your business.
It might be possible for you to craft and trademark a slogan that embodies what you consider your business concept to be. For example, the fast-food chain Burger King has a trademark on the slogan “HAVE IT YOUR WAY”, which may have been inspired from a component of the fast food giant’s business model.
Common Trademark Topics for Business Owners
- Branding for Freelancers
- Trademarking a Logo
- Requirements for the Amazon Brand Registry
- Do Small Business Owners Need a Trademark Attorney?
- Trademarks vs Service Marks - What's the Difference?
- Trademarks and Domain Names
- Can Your Trademark a DBA?
- Can You Trademark Packaging
- Can You Trademark a Business Model
- Can You Trademark a Company Name
- Can You Trademark a QR Code
- Can You Trademark a Product
- Resources for Women Entrepreneurs
The Process for Registering a Mark/h2>
Protect Your Mark
Get the trademark protection you need
for your business name, logo, or slogan.