Can I Trademark a Product?
Although you cannot trademark the product itself, you can trademark the name, logo, and slogan that you use to brand the product.
Trademarks do not cover a physical object; they cover the way an object or service is branded. If you wish to protect a specific product, look to patent it. Another option would be to create a specific slogan or unique product name and apply a trademark to that.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to trademark a product name, logo or slogan, contact us today to speak with a trademark attorney.
Common Trademark Topics for Business Owners
- Branding for Freelancers
- Trademarking a Logo
- Requirements for the Amazon Brand Registry
- Do Small Business Owners Need a Trademark Attorney?
- Trademarks vs Service Marks - What's the Difference?
- Trademarks and Domain Names
- Can Your Trademark a DBA?
- Can You Trademark Packaging
- Can You Trademark a Business Model
- Can You Trademark a Company Name
- Can You Trademark a QR Code
- Can You Trademark a Business Concept