Can I Trademark a Product?
You can trademark your product name, logo and slogan.
Although you cannot trademark the product itself, you can trademark the name, logo, and slogan that you use to brand the product. Trademarks do not cover a physical object; they cover the way an object or service is branded. If you wish to protect a specific product, look to patent it. Another option would be to create a specific slogan or unique product name and apply a trademark to that.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to trademark a product name, logo or slogan, contact us today to speak with a trademark attorney.
Common Trademark Topics for Business Owners
- Branding for Freelancers
- Trademarking a Logo
- Requirements for the Amazon Brand Registry
- Do Small Business Owners Need a Trademark Attorney?
- Trademarks vs Service Marks – What’s the Difference?
- Trademarks and Domain Names
- Can Your Trademark a DBA?
- Can You Trademark Packaging
- Can You Trademark a Business Model
- Can You Trademark a Company Name
- Can You Trademark a QR Code
- Can You Trademark a Business Concept